There are lots of simple recipes for DIY bath bombs, so if you’re struggling to find a less expensive product, this article gives you the opportunity to make your own CBD bath bombs to completely match your needs.
In this recipe, we’re going to use CBD along with essential oils. The choice of the oils is up to you, so do your research into their effects to find out which ones will work best for a specific purpose. For example, citrus essential oils are invigorating and can help reduce stress, while lavender essential oils are relaxing and can make you feel sleepy.
CBD Bath Bombs Ingredients
- 4 oz baking soda
- 2 oz Epsom salt
- 2 oz corn starch
- 2 oz citric acid
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- CBD oil
- 10 drops essential oil of your choice
- Food coloring (optional)
How to Make CBD Bath Bombs Step-by-Step:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (baking soda, corn starch, Epsom salt, and citric acid) until well combined.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. We recommend that you do it on the stove.
- Add water, essential oils, and CBD oil into the coconut oil. Calculate the amount of CBD oil you need based on your regular dosage.
- This is where the recipe gets a bit difficult. Start pouring the liquid mix into the dry ingredients. Do this slowly, trying not to create foam on the surface. If your product foams, reduce the speed at which you pour the liquid. The end product should nicely stick together. If it turns out too dry, you can add more water.
- Grab two halves of a bath bomb mold and fill them with the mixture and press them together.
- Take off the top half of the mold, leaving it to dry a little bit in the bottom half. Once done, turn the mold upside down and remove it completely from the CBD bath bomb.
- Leave the bomb to dry overnight.
- Voila — it’s ready to use!
Once your CBD bath bomb is dry, you can toss it in a hot bath, or wrap them up as a pretty gift for someone you like! Make sure to store it in a cool and dry place to avoid breakage.
Key Takeaways on Making CBD Bath Bombs
CBD bath bombs are without a doubt one of the most exciting innovations in the CBD market. They offer more luxury than standard CBD topicals but offer the same effects, making the me-time in the bath even more special. If you enjoy taking long baths, then dropping a CBD bath bomb into your next session will surely spice it up!
You can even make your own CBD bath bombs at home — the process is really easy! Let us know when you give this recipe a try. In the meantime, feel free to browse the Royal CBD collection for our full spectrum CBD capsules, oils, gummies, and topicals creams!